Downing College MCR Social 成员hip Scheme
名额已经满了. Applications to be considered for membership to commence Easter Term 2022 should be submitted by 10 January.
Post-doctoral workers are nominally affiliated to their department, and are not usually members of a College. 然而, Downing College MCR offers membership of the MCR to selected postdocs and some visiting research students. 如果你觉得, 成为澳门正规最大游戏平台MCR的成员, you would benefit from the social network the College has to offer as well as bringing something to the already thriving community, then Downing is the place for you!
成员hip Conditions and Benefits
- Downing College will offer membership of the Middle Common Room (MCR) to selected Post-doctoral workers or visiting students attached to the University of Cambridge who are not already members of other Cambridge colleges.
- 成员hip is for a minimum period of two terms.
- Not more than twenty five affiliates at any given time will be made members of the MCR.
- The number of affiliates from individual departments or groups will be limited to ensure a broad spectrum of participation across the University, 并鼓励集成.
- Post-Doctoral members of the MCR shall have been awarded their PhD within the previous 10 years.
- No affiliates shall be eligible for election onto the MCR Executive, nor are they eligible to vote in either MCR or DCAC meetings.
- 成员hip of the MCR shall be terminated when the affiliate’s qualifying appointment or placement in the University of Cambridge ends. 成员hip can also be cancelled by the College at any time by notice in writing.
- The privileges of affiliates made members of the MCR shall be as follows (subject to availability):
- Use of College sports facilities on the domus. These include two tennis courts and a multigym (normal fees apply).
- Use of College sports facilities off domus (eg river facilities).
- Invitations to special MCR dinners (at guest rate) and other MCR events where space permits.
- The right to dine in Hall (not at High Table) at own expense at the rate applicable to guests (gowns must be worn). Affiliates may only bring one guest to Formal Hall.
- The use of the Post doc/Affiliate pigeon hole in the Downing Porters’ Lodge for the delivery of mail.
- A tour of the College by the MCR President for 新 成员, at the beginning of the Term of which membership commences (date provided by the MCR President; one tour per term only).
- 为了避免怀疑, affiliate membership is social membership as described above, and such members do not have access to other facilities (including accommodation, the College’s pastoral care provision or the right to representation by the College MCR).
- Affiliate members of the 十大电子游艺平台首选MCR may, on the termination of their membership, request to receive selected mailings from the 发展 Office to maintain their contact with the College (please contact development@dow.凸轮.ac.uk 如果是这样的话).
- Individual affiliates who have been made members of the MCR may be offered such further privileges as the General Purposes Committee shall determine.
- The cost to affiliates of membership of the MCR and of the other privileges set out above shall be a payment of £180 for the academic year 2021/22. 可以安排按比例收费. 成员hip shall not commence until the fee has been paid and is re新able at the discretion of the College.
应用, please submit the following documents (preferably combined into one pdf document) to Ellie Tucker: graduate@dow.凸轮.ac.uk
- Your CV which should include the following information: current email addresses (@凸轮 if you have one and an alternative), 出生日期, 国籍, 剑桥大学地址, 大学教育记录, 专业资格, 工作经历, 教学经验, current position and date of termination of contract, 未来的计划.
- A brief explanation as to why you would like to join the College.
- A letter or email of support from your Faculty/Department in the University of Cambridge confirming the dates of your stay.
Subject to approval by the College’s General Purposes Committee, you will then hear within several weeks whether you have been granted MCR affiliation. We look forward to receiving an application from you and wish you every success with it.
For queries, please contact Ellie Tucker: graduate@dow.凸轮.ac.uk